Frank™ 2.0 Communication Workshop - Please contact Courtney Hensel at email@example.com for more information on 2019 workshops.
There are no FRANK 2.0 workshops scheduled for 2019. Please contact Courtney Hensel at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on 2019 workshops.
The FRANK ™ 2.0 Communications Workshop is the second of the three FRANK Communication Workshops designed to expand your communication toolbox.
The focus of this workshop is on the second part of the clinical interview:
- Provide explanations that create partnerships, enhance adherence and promote efficiency
- Structure conversations that foster client comprehension
- Close the interview with a complete summary and contract for next steps
The core concept is effective use of 10 communication skills to deliver information in a give-and-take manner that encourages the client to take an active role in the conversation to enhance buy-in and commitment to the care plan.
Enhance your communication toolbox with 10 key skills:
- Assess Client knowledge
- Language use
- Client perspective
- Ask permission
- Contract for next steps
- Final check
This workshop addresses the following Challenging Communication Topics:
- Promoting adherence
- Conducting financial discussions
- Delivering bad news
- Disclosing medical errors
- Managing emotions
- Discussing euthanasia
- Collegial interactions