December 9, 2008 - Webmasters Committee Meeting Minutes
Present: Judea Franck, Charlie Kerlee, Jill Lenz, Linda Tarnoff, and Sallie Varner.
Guest presenters: Don Zimmerman and Teresa Yohon from Colorado State University's Department of Journalism & Technical Communication
Jill Lenz, Chair, started the meeting at 10.30 AM with an introduction of the guest presenters.
Presentation by Don Zimmerman and Teresa Yohon
Please see the full version of Don and Teresa's presentation in slide show and handout formats. Don recommended members view the following humorous HelpDesk video that addresses the fundamental problems we face with Usability. (2:39 minutes)
- Overview of Usability
- Recap of key points (Executive Summaries for the Card Sort Results and Usability Testing Report were distributed. To request the complete reports, please contact Jill Lenz.)
- Highlights of 2007-2008 usability testing
- Role of usability testing
- Faculty Pages
- Academic/ Tenure Track
- Academic Adjuncts (?)
- Research Scientists
- Research Associates (?)
- Run usability testing on Medical prototype (Med Clinic pages) *Note: prototypes for research-type, medical clinic-type and admin-type sub-sites to be developed before the overall redesign is tackled with outside consultants SquareI
- Future work/ assignments
- Create a list of components/elements of the pages
- Rate the importance of items (Audience Perspective) 1- 10 scale
Meeting adjourned at 11:30 AM.
Minutes submitted by Jill Lenz for Merry Wright.
Return to Webmaster Committee Minutes page