Webmaster Committee Meeting Minutes
May 13, 2003
Members Present: Jamie Bethel, John Chandler, Tom Harmon, Jill Lenz, Erin Napier, Mary Pridgen, Linda Tarnoff, Sallie Varner
1) Report on the Web Redesign Committee meeting held 5/12/03.
1) We discussed Insight magazine and its online presentation -- It was decided that Insight editor, Carol Borchert, who is an outside consultant, should be advised to get a CSU e-mail address.
2) Discussion on where to place pictures on the CVMBS site -- Some people felt that both "Class Reunion" pictures and "Scholarship and Awards" pictures might have links from other pages (e.g. Alumni page), to have the widest access. It was suggested that we include a "Photo Gallery" link from the home page. Sallie volunteered to work on this to add to the redesign samples for our next meeting.
3) The CSU Privacy Statement is now posted. College and Departmental main pages should include a link to this page. The link should be termed "Privacy Statement" and can be added to the other CSU-required links at the bottom of our pages.
4) Jill discussed the possibility of using libraries in Dreamweaver to create standard footers to use across pages. This function would allow a single person to make changes to standard parts of the web pages in all CVMBS departments (such as adding the Privacy Statement link in item #3).
5) We looked at the Vet Housing and Vet Jobs web pages which are both using outdated header graphics. Sallie said that she would contact the responsible programmers and ask them to update their pages to make them consistent with other College pages. Jill offered to provide help with the update if necessary.
The next Webmaster Committee meeting will be Tuesday, June 10 at 9:00 am in Room W01 Anatomy/Zoology.
Submitted by Tom Harmon 5/14/03
Return to Webmaster Committee Minutes page