SCAVMA Membership Benefits
To sign up, please visit the online system at http://www.avma.org/savma/dues. Have your credit card ready, and follow the prompts. Membership is $25; journal subscriptions are additional, but are well worth it at the discounted rates. Be sure to sign up before OCTOBER 1, when dues go up to $35!!!
BENEFITS OF SCAVMA MEMBERSHIP
- SCAVMA Membership Benefits
- Find out more at the Student American Veterinary Medical Association website
SCAVMA members are entitled to many benefits that will enhance the veterinary education experience. These include educational supplementation, social activities, and financial help and are listed below.
- All SCAVMA members are automatically members in good standing with the Student American Veterinary Medical Association (SAVMA) and the International Veterinary Student Association (IVSA). For detailed benefits included with this membership, contact the appropriate student representative or look at our page here: IVSA Overview.
- Reduced subscription rates for the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association (JAVMA) and the American Journal of Veterinary Research (AJVR).
- 10% discount on textbooks and supplies at Vet Text when paying by cash or check, or 6% discount for credit card payments.
- Scholarships awarded through the SCAVMA Scholarship Endowment and Hill’s Pet Foods Scholarship funds.
- Emergency loan fund available to members in good standing.
- Low interest loans through the American Veterinary Medical Foundation (AVMF).
- Members are extended in health, life, disability, and professional liability insurance options available through the AVMA.
- Participation in SCAVMA sponsored events, such as educational programs and the Friday Afternoon Club (FAC) gatherings.
- Financial assistance to attend the annual SAVMA Symposium each spring.
- Graduating members in good standing (must have been a dues paying member for three years of vet school, one being the senior year) are extended one year free membership with the AVMA and reduced membership dues for the following two years.
- Contact any SCAVMA board member for more information or to update your membership status!