CVMBS is contracting with the National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) to bring their two-and-a-half day traveling workshop, Financial Research Administration Workshop, to campus on June 4, 2012.
The target audience is departmental research administrators with pre- and post-award functions, Sponsored Programs staff, or others within CSU who support the research faculty.
This workshop will focus on being able to:
- Apply the principles the federal circulars that govern Federally sponsored agreements, including costing at the pre-award and post-award stage;
- Identify the differences between the various types of funding instruments;
- Recognize the various roles and responsibilities of principal investigators, departmental research administrators and central office research administrators;
- Understand the key financial issues in award management, including cost sharing, effort reporting, cost transfers and procurement cards
- Help our institution to manage the high risk financial issues in award management and help to reduce potential audit findings
- Understand the function of service centers in sponsored agreements;
- Understand the importance of sub-recipient monitoring in research administration;
- Take away “lessons learned” from Federal audits and best practices at other institutions
Please contact your Business Officer if you have interest in attending.