Selected Early and Recent Publications
Pub Med for Dow S.
- Dow SW, Liggitt DL, Fradkin L, and Potter TA. (1999) Potent immune activation and antitumor immunity induced by intravenous administration of cationic lipid-DNA complexes. J Immunol 163:1552-1561.
- Bosio C and Dow S. (2005) Aberrant activation of pulmonary dendritic cells by Francisella tularensis. J Immunol 175:6792-6801.
- U’Ren L, Kedl R, and Dow S. (2006) Immunization with liposome-DNA complexes elicits enhanced antitumor immunity. Cancer Gene Ther, 13:1033-
- Zaks K, Jordan M, Guth A, Sellins K, Kedl R, Izzo A, Bosio C, and Dow S. (2006) Efficient immunization and cross-priming by vaccine adjuvants containing TLR3 and TLR9 agonists complexed to cationic liposomes. J Immunol, 176:7335-7345.
- Elmslie R, Glawe P, and Dow S. (2009) Metronomic chemotherapy with cytoxan and piroxicam effectively delays tumor recurrence in dogs with incompletely resected soft tissue sarcoma, J Vet Intern Med, 22:1373-1379.
- Takeda T, Dow S, Miyahara N, Kodama T, Koya T, Taube C, Joetham A, Park J, Dakhama A, Kedl R, and Gelfand E. (2009) Vaccine-induced CD8+ T cell suppression of airway hyper-responsiveness and inflammation. J Immunol, 183:181-190.
- Guth A, Bosio C, Janssen W, Crouch E, Henson P, and Dow S. (2009) Lung environment determines unique phenotype of alveolar macrophages. J. Physiol Lung Cell Mol Biol; 296:L936-946.
- Goodyear A, Troyer R, Jones A, and Dow S. (2009) Protection from Burkholderia infection by inhalational immunotherapy. Infection and Immunity 77:1759-1765.
- Troyer R, Propst K, Fairman, J, Bosio K, and Dow S. (2009) Mucosal immunotherapy for protection from pneumonic Francisella infection. Vaccine 27:4424-4433.
- Sottnik J, Guth A, Thamm D, and Dow S. (2010) Chronic bacterial osteomyelitis suppression of tumor growth requires innate immune responses. Cancer Immunol Immunother 59:367-375.
- Goodyear A, Jones A, Troyer R, and Dow S. (2010) Critical protective role for MCP-1 in pneumonic Burkholderia mallei infection. J Immunol 184:1445-1454.
- Propst K, Troyer R, Kellihan L, Schweizer H, and Dow S. (2010) Immunotherapy markedly increases the effectiveness of antimicrobial therapy for treatment of Burkholderia pseudomallei infection. Antimicrob Agents Chemoth 54:1785-1792.
- U’Ren L, Guth A, and Dow S. (2010) Type I interferons inhibit the generation of tumor associated macrophages. Cancer Immunol Immunoth 59:587-592.
- Jones A, Bosio C, Duffy A, Goodyear A, Schriefer M, and Dow S. (2010) Protection against pneumonic plague following oral immunization with a non-replicating vaccine. Vaccine 28:5924.
- Sottnik J, Rao S, Lafferty M, Withrow S, and Dow S. (2010) Association of blood monocyte and lymphocyte count and disease-free interval in dogs with osteosarcoma. J Vet Intern Med, 24:1439.
- Perry J, Thamm D, Avery A, and Dow S. (2011). Increased monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 concentrations and monocyte count independent associate with reduced survival in dogs with lymphoma. Vet Comp Oncol 9:55.
Quimby J, Gibbons D, Webb T, and Dow S. (2011). Evaluation of intra-renal mesenchymal stem cell injection for chronic kidney disease in cats: a pilot study. J Fel Med Surg, in press.