CRWAD AUTHOR INSTRUCTIONS
Notice: 2016 CRWAD Meeting, Dec. 4–6, Marriott, Chicago,
READ THIS BEFORE COMPOSING AND SUBMITTING YOUR ABSTRACT.
Presenters must be registered for the meeting and are required to wear their name badge during their presentations. Name badge is required for admittance to Receptions, Poster Sessions, and Sections.
The 2015 CRWAD Meeting will be held December 6 – 8, at the Chicago Marriott, Downtown Magnificent Mile, Chicago, Illinois. The meeting will begin with the Researchers Reception, Sunday evening. The first poster session will coincide with the Researchers Reception. Presentations will conclude by 1 pm Tuesday afternoon, December 8. Attendance is limited to members, participants on the program and guests invited by the Council. If you desire to present at the Annual CRWAD Meeting or want an invitation to attend please contact Dr. David A. Benfield.
- For those who need a US Visa in order to attend the CRWAD meeting please start yourapplication process early.
- Chicago Marriott Downtown Room Reservations
- Meeting Pre–Registration Information
- Poster Information
- Refund Policy
OASIS On–Line Abstract Submission Requirements
Electronic Abstract submission will be required for the 2015 meeting. Abstracts will be sent to CRWAD through the OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program.
The OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program will not accept new abstracts after midnight August 21. The submitting author for each abstract will be considered the contact author and presenter. The same presenting author for more than one abstract may submit more than one abstract through the OASIS On–line Submission Program.
DEADLINE FOR ELECTRONIC ABSTRACT SUBMISSION – August 21, 2015 This deadline is FIRM.
The abstracts submitted by August 21, will be allowed a four day editing window by the submitting author. The editing window will close at midnight, August 25, 2015. Access to the OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program will be available June 2015.
*A presenter is required to register for the meeting and wear their name badge during their presentation.
*SUBMIT ABSTRACTS TO OASIS (CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT) (closes August 21, 2015. Contact Dr. David Benfield with questions)
- Before submitting your abstract to the OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program, please compare your abstract format with the checklist.
- Be sure that all the pertinent points from the checklist have been followed to properly format your abstract before you submit the abstract to the OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program.
- The following 10 Section Preferences will be available for you to select when completing the OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program. While completing the OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program you will choose both a first section preference and a second section preference, and whether each abstract is for Oral or Poster presentation.
Biosafety and Biosecurity
Companion Animal Epidemiology
Ecology and Management of Foodborne Agents
Epidemiology and Animal Health Economics
Pathobiology of Enteric and Foodborne Pathogens
Vector–Borne and Parasitic Diseases
- Students who wish to enter the student competition will select the Graduate Student Competition Entry category while submitting their abstract to the OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program. Please note:
*Student presenters must be registered for the CRWAD meeting. No meeting registration will eliminate your abstract from competition. Registration Form
*Student presenters must be present with their competition entry posters during the poster sessions for judges' interviews.
*All presenters will be required to wear their name badges during their presentations.
- The following competition categories will be available at the OASIS On–line Abstract Submission Program. Select the competition category that will be directly related to your first section presentation preference. (Example: First section preference Bacterial Pathogenesis Section must select the ACVM competition cateogry)
GRADUATE STUDENTS may enter ONLY ONE ABSTRACT (one oral OR one poster) for competition in one of the following categories.
American Association of Veterinary Immunologists – AAVI
American Association of Veterinary Parasitologists – AAVP
American College of Veterinary Microbiologists – ACVM
Association of Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine – AVEPM
Biosafety and Biosecurity – BB
Enteric Disease Research – EDR
Do not fax or send a hard copy of your abstract.
Authors will be notified of the section, day, and time of their presentations by reading the Annual Meeting Program which will be posted on our web site in October. Contact Authors will be e–mailed a notice when the on-line Annual Meeting Program is available.
Chicago Marriott (Downtown) Room Reservations
A dedicated booking website has been created for our CRWAD event. Guests will be able to make, modify and cancel their hotel reservations online, as well as take advantage of any room upgrades, amenities or other services offered by the hotel.
Attendees please note:
The custom links (below) will direct you to the on–line CRWAD custom room block at a Passkey system. The block will be closed off in the Passkey system 3 days before the meeting date. If you opt to call the hotel instead use these phone numbers (Toll–Free: 1–877–303–0104 ; or 1–866–596–7456 for international calls).
Please place your hotel sleeping room reservations at one of the following options:
*Standard Room Rate
*Government Room Rate (Government per diem rate, must present Government ID at the time of check–in)
If you call the hotel (Toll–Free: 1–877–303–0104 ; or 1–866–596–7456 for international calls) to make your sleeping room reservation make sure you ask for the CRWAD group rate. Place your reservation by no later than November 11, to secure a sleeping room under the CRWAD group rate.
DO NOT send your CRWAD meeting registration payment to the hotel.
NOTICE: The Chicago Marriott may be sold out the nights of December 4 and 5, 2015. CRWAD has a block of rooms reserved, and you must make your reservations by no later than November 11, to insure that you obtain a room before our block is released. When reserving your room by phone make sure you indicate your affiliation with the CRWAD in order to receive the special CRWAD group rate.
Please send your CRWAD Registration form and payment to Dr. David Benfield by November 6. US funds only. On–site Registration Schedule
Dr. David A. Benfield
1680 Madison Avenue, Research Services Building Room 209e
Ohio State University
Wooster, OH 44691
REFUND POLICY: Registration fee full refund, less $20, if requested within 45 days of annual meeting; 50% refund from 44 – 22 days before annual meeting; no refund if requested 21 days or less before annual meeting.