CRWAD AUTHOR INSTRUCTIONS
Notice: 2014 CRWAD Meeting, Dec. 7–9, Marriott, Chicago,
READ THIS BEFORE COMPOSING AND SUBMITTING YOUR ABSTRACT.
Presenters must be registered for the meeting and are required to wear their name badge during their presentations.
The 2013 CRWAD Meeting will be held December 8 – 10, at the Chicago Marriott, Downtown Magnificent Mile, Chicago, Illinois. The meeting will begin with the Researchers Reception, Sunday evening. The first poster session will coincide with the Researchers Reception. Presentations will conclude by 1 pm Tuesday afternoon, December 10. Attendance is limited to members, participants on the program and guests invited by the Council. If you desire to present at the Annual CRWAD Meeting or want an invitation to attend please contact Dr. Robert P. Ellis.
- For those who need a US Visa in order to attend the CRWAD meeting please start yourapplication process early.
- Chicago Marriott Downtown Room Reservations
- Meeting Pre-Registration Information
- Poster Information
- Refund Policy
- Notice: 2013 NC229 meeting and Swine Viral Disease Presentations
OASIS On-Line Abstract Submission Requirements
Electronic Abstract submission will be required for the 2013 meeting. Abstracts will be sent to CRWAD through the OASIS On-line Abstract Submission Program.
The OASIS On-line Abstract Submission Program will not accept new abstracts after midnight August 22. The submitting author for each abstract will be considered the contact author and presenter. The same presenting author for more than one abstract may submit more than one abstract through the OASIS On-line Submission Program.
DEADLINE FOR ELECTRONIC ABSTRACT SUBMISSION - August 22, 2013 This deadline is FIRM.
The abstracts submitted by August 22, will be allowed a four day editing window by the submitting author. The editing window will close at midnight, August 26, 2013. Access to the OASIS On-line Abstract Submission Program will be available June 5, 2013.
*A presenter is required to register for the meeting and wear their name badge during their presentation.
*SUBMIT ABSTRACTS TO OASIS (AT THIS LINK) (closes August 22, 2013. Contact Dr. Robert Ellis with questions)
- Before submitting your abstract to the OASIS On-line Abstract Submission Program, please compare your abstract format with the checklist.
- Be sure that all the pertinent points from the checklist have been followed to properly format your abstract before you submit the abstract to the OASIS On-line Abstract Submission Program.
- The following 10 Section Preferences will be available for you to select when completing the OASIS On-line Abstract Submission Program. While completing the OASIS On-line Abstract Submission Program you will choose both a first section preference and a second section preference, and whether each abstract is for Oral or Poster presentation. (Notice: NC229 and swine viral disease presentations including PRRSV, SIV, PCV2, other swine viral diseases)
Biosafety and Biosecurity
Companion Animal Epidemiology
Ecology and Management of Foodborne Agents
Epidemiology and Animal Health Economics
Pathobiology of Enteric and Foodborne Pathogens
Vector-Borne and Parasitic Diseases
- Students who wish to enter the student competition will select the Graduate Student Competition Entry category while submitting their abstract to the OASIS On-line Abstract Submission Program. Please note:
*Student presenters must be registered for the CRWAD meeting. No meeting registration will eliminate your abstract from competition. Registration Form
*Student presenters must be present with their competition entry posters during the poster sessions for judges' interviews.
*All presenters will be required to wear their name badges during their presentations.
- The following competition categories will be available at the OASIS On-line Abstract Submission Program.
GRADUATE STUDENTS may enter ONLY ONE ABSTRACT (one oral OR one poster) for competition in one of the following categories.
American Association of Veterinary Immunologists - AAVI
American Association of Veterinary Parasitologists - AAVP
American College of Veterinary Microbiologists - ACVM
Association of Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine - AVEPM
Biosafety and Biosecurity - BB
NC1007 Enteric Disease Research - EDR
Do not fax or send a hard copy of your abstract.
Authors will be notified of the section, day, and time of their presentations by reading the Annual Meeting Program which will be posted on our web site in October. Contact Authors will be e-mailed a notice when the on-line Annual Meeting Program is available.
Chicago Marriott(Downtown) Room Reservations
A dedicated booking website has been created for our CRWAD event. Guests will be able to make, modify and cancel their hotel reservations online, as well as take advantage of any room upgrades, amenities or other services offered by the hotel.
Attendees please note:
The custom link will direct you to the on-line CRWAD custom room block at a Passkey system. The block will be closed off in the Passkey system 3 days before the meeting date. If you opt to call the hotel instead use these phone numbers (Toll–Free: 1–877–303–0104 ; or 1–866–596–7456 for international calls).
Please place your hotel sleeping room reservations
at the following custom site:
*Chicago Marriott (Downtown) Hotel custom CRWAD Room Reservations Web site
If you call the hotel (Toll–Free: 1–877–303–0104 ; or 1–866–596–7456 for international calls) to make your sleeping room reservation make sure you ask for the CRWAD group rate. Place your reservation by November 8, to secure a sleeping room under the CRWAD group rate. 2013 CRWAD Group Rate is $201 plus taxes for a single/double room.
DO NOT send your CRWAD meeting registration payment to the hotel.
NOTICE: The Chicago Marriott may be sold out the nights of December 6 and 7, 2013. CRWAD has a block of rooms reserved, and you must make your reservations by November 8 to insure that you obtain a room before our block is released. When reserving your room by phone make sure you indicate your affiliation with the CRWAD in order to receive the special CRWAD group rate.
Please send your CRWAD Registration form and payment to Dr. Robert
P.Ellis by November 8. US funds only. MasterCard,
Discover Card, American Express, or VISA Credit Cards are accepted. On-site Registration Schedule
Dr. Robert P. Ellis
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1682
REFUND POLICY: Registration fee full refund, less $20, if requested within 35 days of annual meeting; 50% refund from 34 - 15 days before annual meeting; no refund if requested 14 days or less before annual meeting.