Coordinator of Instructional Design
Office: Physiology 105, Colorado
|Instructional design services are available to CVMBS faculty and staff
in five main areas:
1) Course Design: Whether you're planning a new course or just making minor adjustments to an existing course, I can help you throughout the entire process, from setting measurable objectives and goals to designing and developing new materials (electronic and non-electronic) to selecting and implementing new teaching techniques.
2) Testing and Assessment: Trying to write a final exam for your course? Need to set behavioral objectives? No problem! I can help you define instructional goals and student outcomes; and write exams that test for higher level thinking
3) Teaching Observations: Would you like to document outstanding teaching? Need some friendly criticism? I can visit your lecture(s) and prepare a written evaluation.
4) Grantsmanship: If you’re thinking about applying for a grant, come see me. I can help with all stages, from writing the proposal to evaluating outcomes.
5) Educational Research: Do you want to evaluate the impact of your teaching? See if an innovation is making a difference? I can help you design a study, collect data and publish the results.
In addition, a Faculty Showcase
series highlights outstanding teaching techniques utilized by CVMBS faculty
in their courses.
Date Page Last Modified: October 9, 2001