Suggesting Articles for E-Insight
The mission of E-Insight is to provide the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences community with a balance of information including College events and activities, research news, academic updates, an overview of University news, as well as an on-going dialogue with the Office of the Dean.
E-Insight consists of an electronic newsletter that is delivered monthly via an e-mail notification, and is linked to the College’s home page at www.cvmbs.colostate.edu. Archives of E-Insight and Insight Magazine (the College’s biannual printed publication) also are available at this link.
E-Insight is distributed by the Office of the Dean, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. The audience for the magazine includes faculty, students, staff, alumni, donors, friends of the College, veterinary colleges and biomedical sciences programs nationwide and worldwide, government agencies, and private industry.
Item Submission and Moderation
Submissions to E-Insight Magazine must have a connection to the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. Submissions from all sources will be reviewed for applicability. The E-Insight editor will determine appropriateness for acceptance. Student groups and organizations are encouraged to send in news and announcements that are of general interest to the College community.
Submissions should be checked for spelling, grammar and accuracy of names, titles, dates, Web addresses, e-mail addresses, contact information and content. Submissions will be edited to conform with E-Insight standards. High quality images also are welcome with submissions. In addition to submissions, E-Insight welcomes story ideas from its readers. Send story ideas and submissions to Carol Borchert at E-Insight Magazine, email@example.com.
Categories for E-Insight content:
- Academic News and Events (includes symposia, seminars, speakers, new academic programs, special events, etc.)
- College Communications (faculty/staff meetings, survey announcements, accreditation proceedings, etc.)
- People and Programs (feature articles, faculty/staff spotlights, new hires)
- Research (in-depth features, new grants and contracts, publication in professional journals)
- Student Spotlight (feature articles on undergraduate, graduate and professional students; student organizations)
- Alumni News (submission will be used in E-Insight, when appropriate, otherwise information will be forwarded to Colorado State Alumni Magazine)
- University News