University Chairs and Professorships
The College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences is honored to have eight Named University Chairs and Professorships within its departments. University Chairs and Professorships are faculty positions that are funded through permanent private endowments.
Faculty members selected for a Chair or Professorship are outstanding in their field of study, gifted teachers and researchers, and internationally known for their work. The title of University Chair is one of the highest honors Colorado State University can award to a faculty member.
The current Chairs and Professorships as of December 31, 2005, are:
• The John Alexander Chair in Large Animal Reproduction
• The Barbara Cox Anthony University Chair in Oncology – Robert Ullrich, PhD
• The Barbara Cox Anthony University Chair in Orthopaedic Research – C. Wayne McIlwraith, BVSC, PhD
• The Iron Rose Chair in Musculoskeletal Disease and Injury – Christopher E. Kawcak, DVM, PhD
• The Stuart Chair in Oncology – Stephen J. Withrow, DVM
• The University Chair in Orthopaedic Research (pending)
• The Hill’s Professorship in Animal Biotechnology – Russell V. Anthony, PhD
• The General H. Norman Schwarzkopf Professorship in Surgical Oncology (pending)
• The Kenneth W. Smith Professorship in Small Animal Clinical Veterinary Medicine – Michael R. Lappin, DVM, PhD
• The Mabel I. and Henry H. Traubert Professorship in Animal Genetics
•Stephen J. Withrow Professorship in Surgical Oncology (pending)