Colorado State University Announces Major Reorganization To Act On Strategic Plan, Better Serve Students And Citizens
Colorado State University President Larry Edward Penley recently announced a major administrative reorganization designed to enable the university to realize its vision and mission, setting the standard as the 21st century land-grant university. This reorganization comes out of aggressive goals set by its new strategic plan that was adopted by the Colorado State University Board of Governors at its monthly meeting on Oct. 7.
Reorganization highlights include:
- Creating a new Vice Provost for Outreach and Strategic Partnerships that will help coordinate key University outreach programs and provide more advanced, technological assistance to communities throughout the state through agencies focused on cooperative extension, economic development, public policy and water.
- Creating a new Vice President for Admissions to focus on service and marketing and improve Colorado State's access and enrollment.
- Grouping of appropriate units to substantially improve retention and graduation rates in a relatively short timeframe.
- Merging redundant programs in Colorado State's University Relations and Instructional Services departments to create a single, efficient, focused communications team.
- Increasing emphasis on marketing.
- Forming of the Center for Pedagogical Advancement and Learning Investigation to support faculty in improving their teaching and use of technology in the classroom.
The reorganization includes reallocating existing University resources at the administrative level to provide increased efficiency and effectiveness in achieving strategic goals.
The comprehensive strategic plan details 15 objectives, 39 goals, action strategies and a variety of performance measurements to accomplish over the next 10 years. Changing the University's organizational structure is the first major step to making real the strategic plan and the strategic plan's initiatives and is necessary to achieve the University's mission of setting the public higher education standard in teaching, research and service.