News was produced by Integrated Livestock Management and had been published
bimonthly since September 1995 until 2009 as a service to those interested in the health
and welfare of the Colorado Dairy Industry. Printer and reader friendly versions of the Colorado Dairy
News are Avalible in PDF format.
Standard Operating Procedures produced by the Colorado Dairy News
Archived Articles by Date or by Topic published in the Colorado Dairy News
- Bovine Viral Diarrhea (BVD) Management Practices and Detection in Bulk Tank Milk in the United States, 2007. by AHIP October 2008
- Antibiotic Use on U.S. Dairy Operations, 2002 and 2007, by AHIP October 2008
- Bovine Leukosis Virus (BLV) on U.S. Dairy Operations, 2007, by AHIP October 2008
- Prevalence of Contagious Mastitis Pathogens on U.S. Dairy Operations, 2007, by AHIP October 2008
- Milking Procedures on U.S. Dairy Operations, 2007, by AHIP October 2008
- Five Years of Alfalfa Research With Roundup Ready Alfalfa at Colorado State University. By Drs.Philip Westra, Niel Hansen, Joe Brummer, Shawn Archibeque, Terry Engle, Bill Wailes, and Brian Larson, MS Graduate Student.
- Corn Prices snd Ration Starch Content by Jay Giesy, PhD Dairy Specialist Cargill Animal Nutrition
- Lipid Metabolism in Dairy Cattle During Transition: Impact of Controlled Energy Diets by James K. Drackley
- Figuring Out Down Cows, by David C. Van Metre, DVM, DACVIM, Franklyn B. Garry, DVM, MS, DACVIM
Colorado State University
- Non-Esterified Fatty Acid Testing by Colorado State University Diagnostic Lab
- Increase the Value of Field Testing on Dairies by Mark Engstrom, Ph.D.
- Subacute Ruminal Acidosis – Milk F at Responses and Prevention by Nutritional Management by Garrett R. Oetzel, DVM, MS
- New Tools Coming In Bovine Genetic Development
- JOHNE’S DISEASE Still a Concern by Jim Carlton from Bovine VEeterinarian, October 2008
- New Insights into Managing the Neonatal Calf for Health and Production by Dr. Jerry Olson
- Significance of Intestinal Digestion of Dietary Protein by Marshall D. Stern, Sergio Calsamiglia, Alex Bach and Martin Ruiz Moreno1
- Feed Efficiency in Lactating Dairy Cows byJ. Linn, M. Raeth-Knight, S. Fredin, and A. Bach University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN 2Spain IRTA-Unitat de Remugants, Barcelona, Spain
- Economic opportunities for sexed semen on commercial dairy farms by J.F. Ettema, D.L. Hoag, G.E. Seidel Jr.
- Shiga-toxigenic Escherichia coli O157 in Agricultural Fair Livestock, United States by James E. Keen, Thomas E. Wittum, John R. Dunn, James L. Bono, and Lisa M. Durso
- Consensus recommendations on diagnostic testing for the detection of paratuberculosis in cattle in the United States by Michael T. Collins, DVM, PhD, DACVM; Ian A. Gardner, BVSc, MPVM, PhD; Franklyn B. Garry, DVM, MS, DACVIM; Allen J. Roussel, DVM, MS, DACVIM; Scott J. Wells, DVM, PhD, DACVPM
- Is your Worker Training Effective? Ask the Cows and Reduce Protocol Drift by John R. Wenz, DVM, MS Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- An Overview of Animal Welfare in the US Dairy Industry by Franklyn B. Garry, DVM, MSColorado State University
- Dairy Worker Training Experiences by Ivette N. Román-Muñiz, DVM, MS, DACVIM; David C. Van Metre, DVM, DACVIM;
Franklyn B. Garry, DVM, MS
- Dairy Worker Training in Newborn Calf Management by Franklyn B. Garry, DVM, MS; Ivette N. Román-Muñiz, DVM, MS; Jason E. Lombard, DVM, MS; David C. Van Metre, DVM
- Feeding Ethanol By-Products in Colorado by Gerald Poppy, DVM MBA. Chris Van Anne, MBA
September / October 2005
Want to Subscribe to the Colorado Dairy Newsletter?
To subscribe go to the CSU Animal Sciences' page www.ansci.colostate.edu, once on the Animal Sciences page click on,” subscribe to the Colorado Dairy Newsletter" on the right and follow the instructions.
Printer and reader friendly versions of the Colorado Dairy
News are Avalible in PDF format.
You must download Adobe Acrobat Reader to be able to read PDF format. For a
of Abobe Acrobate Reader select this icon
and follow the step by step instructions.
After downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can choose to view the bimontly
choose individual articles by clicking on any underlined text in Green. Return to Top of Page
information on the newsletter contact:
Dr. Ragan Adams
300 West Drake Road
Ft. Collins, CO 80523