The MS curriculum is designed to prepare individuals both technically and philosophically to practice the science and art of Industrial Hygiene. Full accreditation of the MS program by ABET- Applied Science Accreditation Commission was received in 1995. The Industrial Hygiene program strives to maintain a balance between its historical emphasis on a small number of individually trained students and the required breadth of the interdisciplinary training implicit in the profession.
Core requirements for admission to the Department of Environmental and Radiological Health Sciences
(required of all graduate applicants to ERHS):
1) Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
2) A copy of the applicant's resume or curriculum vitae
3) Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 in all prior college-level work for regular admission
4) Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores in the general examination (verbal, quantitative and analytical writing) within 5 years
5) One official transcript from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended (note: CSU transcripts are not required)
6) Written statement of background, interests, motivation, and goals
7) Three (3) letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources
International students only
8) TOEFL/IELTS SCORES
The minimum TOEFL score for unconditional admission is 213 (computer based); 550 (paper based); or 80 (internet based)
The minimum IELTS score for admission without condition is 6.0
Additional Ph.D. requirement: Evidence of research capability
Colorado State University has a set minimum number of credits for a Plan A (thesis required) or Plan B (professional paper required) Master of Science (MS) program to 30 semester credits beyond the baccalaureate degree. No one, in any discipline, may earn the degree regardless of the program plan with less than 30 semester credits.
The Plan B is differentiated from the Plan A in that a thesis is not required but additional course work and a scholarly paper are submitted in lieu of the thesis. For the Plan B program, an additional six credits of course work is required plus four credits in EH 695 for the scholarly paper; thus the aggregate credit total for a Plan B is 40 credits as a minimum. An internship or minimum one year of related professional experience is also required for the Plan B MS degree.
The doctoral degree (PhD) requires a minimum of 72 semester credits beyond the baccalaureate degree. A maximum of 30 semester credits of the 72 required may be awarded by the graduate advisory committee (at the sole discretion of the advisory committee) for a completed masters degree.Typical programs take two years to complete and require 30 semester credit-hours + thesis (plan A).
Department Contact Information:
Environmental and Radiological Health Sciences
1681 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523
Phone: (970) 491-7038
Fax: (970) 491-2940