Angela J. Marolf, D.V.M.
Radiology Residency Director and Coordinator
Phone: (970) 297-1293
Fax: (970) 297-1254
Office: 123 Animal Cancer Center, James L. Voss Veterinary Teaching Hospital
- D.V.M., Colorado State University, Cum Laude
- B.S., Environmental, Population, and Organismic Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Radiology
Dr. Marolf serves as the Director and Coordinator of the Radiology Residency program. She is a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Radiology (ACVR) since 2007.
Her research interests are in body Imaging including ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computed tomography (CT) in small animal patients. Specific research focuses include: MRI and ultrasound imaging of the hepatobiliary stystem and pancreas, thoracic CT, and abdominal and Doppler ultrasound.
- Marolf AJ, Kraft SL, Dunphy TR, Twedt DC. Magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and MR cholangiopancreatography findings in cats with cholangitis and pancreatitis. J Feline Med and Surg 2013; 15: 285-294.
- Sharpley J, Marolf A*, Reichle J, Bachand A, Randall E. Color and Power Doppler Ultrasonography for Characterization of Splenic Masses in Dogs. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. Sep/Oct 2012; 53: 586-590. *Senior author
- Soffler C, Bosco-Lauth A, Aboellail T, Marolf A, Bowen R. Development and Characterization of a Caprine Aerosol Infection Model of Melioidosis. PLoS ONE. August 2012; 7: e43207.
- Altermatt JL, Marolf AJ, Wrigley RH, Carnevale EM. Effects of FSH and LH on ovarian and follicular blood flow, follicular growth and oocyte developmental competence in young and old mares. Animal Reproductive Science. Aug 2012;133: 191-197.
- Marcus E, Marolf A, Thamm D, Lana S. What’s your diagnosis? Extraskeletal Osteosarcoma. J Am Vet Med Assoc. Feb 2012; 240(3): 265-266.
- Marolf A, Leach L, Gibbons D, Bachand A, Twedt D. Ultrasonographic findings of feline cholangitis. J Am Anim Hospital Assoc. Jan/Feb 2012; 48(1):36-42
- Nanfelt M, Marolf A, Powers B, Monnet E. Utilization of a Dacron shape-memory intravascular coil to achieve slow, progressive occlusion of the jugular vein in dogs. Vet Surg October 2011; 40(7): 853-860.
- Marolf A, Stewart J, Dunphy T, Kraft S. Hepatic and pancreaticobiliary MRI and MRcholangiopancreatography with and without secretin stimulation in normal cats. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. July/August 2011; 52(4): 415-421.
- Marolf A, Gibbons D, Podell B, Park R. Computed tomographic appearance of primary lung tumors in dogs. Vet Radiol Ultrasound March/April 2011; 52 (2): 168-172.
- Hoyt L, Greenberg M, MacPhail C, Eichelberger B, Marolf A, Kraft S. Imaging Diagnosis—Magnetic Resonance Imaging of an Organizing Abscess secondary to a Retrobulbar Grass Awn. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. November/December 2009; 50 (6); 646-648.
- Marolf A, Blaik M, Ackerman N, et al. Comparison of Computed Radiography and
Conventional Radiography in Detection of Small Volume Pneumoperitoneum. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. May/June 2008; 49 (3): 227-232
- Marolf A, Blaik M, Specht A. Tracheal Collapse with Concurrent Bronchiectasis:
A Retrospective Study. Vet Radiol Ultrasound. May-June, 2007, 48 (3), 199203.
- Marolf A, Blaik M. Bronchiectasis. Compend Contin Educ Pract Vet.
November 2006; 28 (11).
- Marolf A, Specht A, Thompson M, et al. Imaging DiagnosisPenile Hemangiosarcoma.
Vet Radiol Ultrasound. September/October 2006; 47 (5): 474-5.
- Marolf A, Kraft S, et al. Radiographic Diagnosis: Right Kidney Herniation.
Vet Radiol Ultrasound. May/June 2002; 43(3): 237-47.
Department Contact Information
Environmental & Radiological Health Sciences
1620 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523
Phone: (970) 297-4253
Fax: (970) 297-1254