Thomas J. Keefe
Phone: (970) 491-5970
Fax: (970) 491-2940
Office: 145 Environmental Health Building
Dr. Keefe's research interests are in Environmental Epidemiology, particularly Cancer and Organochlorine Pesticides and Biostatistical Methods.
• Gilkey DP, Keefe TJ, Peel JL, Kassab OM, Kennedy CA (2010) Risk factors associated with back pain: a cross-sectional study of 963 college students. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 33:88-95.
• Saito R, Cranmer BK, Tessari JD, Larsson L, Mehaffy JM, Keefe TJ, Reynolds SJ (2009) Recombinant factor C (rFC) assay and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) analysis of endotoxin variability in four agricultural dusts. Ann Occup Hyg. 53:713-22.
• Nol P, Lyashchenko KP, Greenwald R, Esfandiari J, Waters WR, Palmer MV, Nonnecke BJ, Keefe TJ, Thacker TC, Rhyan JC, Aldwell FE, Salman MD (2009) Humoral immune responses of white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus) to Mycobacterium bovis BCG vaccination and experimental challenge with M. bovis. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 16:323-9.
• Wongsathapornchai K, Salman MD, Edwards JR, Morley PS, Keefe TJ, Van Campen H, Weber S (2008) Assessment of the likelihood of the introduction of foot-and-mouth disease through importation of live animals into the Malaysia-Thailand-Myanmar peninsula. Am J Vet Res. 69:252-60.
• Wongsathapornchai K, Salman MD, Edwards JR, Morley PS, Keefe TJ, Van Campen H, Weber S, Premashthira S (2008) Use of epidemiologic risk modeling to evaluate control of foot-and-mouth disease in southern Thailand. Am J Vet Res. 69:240-51.
• Gilkey DP, Keefe TJ, Bigelow PL, Herron RE, Duvall K, Hautaluoma JE, Rosecrance JS, Sesek R (2007) Low back pain among residential carpenters: ergonomic evaluation using OWAS and 2D compression estimation. Int J Occup Saf Ergon. 13):305-21.
• Aguirre AA, Keefe TJ, Reif JS, Kashinsky L, Yochem PK, Saliki JT, Stott JL, Goldstein T, Dubey JP, Braun R, Antonelis G (2007) Infectious disease monitoring of the endangered Hawaiian monk seal. J Wildl Dis. 43:229-41.
• Gilkey DP, Enebo BA, Keefe TJ, Vela Acosta MS, Hautaluoma JE, Bigelow PL, Rosecrance J, Herron RE (2007) Low back pain in Hispanic residential carpenters. J Chiropr Med. 6:2-14.
• Román-Muñiz IN, Van Metre DC, Garry FB, Reynolds SJ, Wailes WR, Keefe TJ (2006) Training methods and association with worker injury on Colorado dairies: a survey. J. Agromedicine 11:19-26.
• Gujral IB, Stallones L, Gabella BA, Keefe TJ, Chen P (2006) Sex differences in mortality after traumatic brain injury, Colorado 1994-1998. Brain Inj. 20:283-91.
• Slater MD, Kelly KJ, Edwards RW, Thurman PJ, Plested BA, Keefe TJ, Lawrence FR, Henry KL (2006) Combining in-school and community-based media efforts: reducing marijuana and alcohol uptake among younger adolescents. Health Educ Res. 21:157-67.
• Slater MD, Edwards RW, Plested BA, Thurman PJ, Kelly KJ, Comello ML, Keefe TJ (2005) Using community readiness key informant assessments in a randomized group prevention trial: impact of a participatory community-media intervention. J Community Health 30:39-53.
• Peterson KD, Keefe TJ (2004) Effects of meloxicam on severity of lameness and other clinical signs of osteoarthritis in dogs. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 225:1056-60.
• Ichinose TY, Burch JB, Noonan CW, Yost MG, Keefe TJ, Bachand A, Mandeville R, Reif JS (2004) Immune markers and ornithine decarboxylase activity among electric utility workers. J Occup Environ Med. 46:104-12.
• Darragh AR, Stallones L, Bigelow PL, Keefe TJ Effectiveness of the HomeSafe Pilot Program in reducing injury rates among residential construction workers, 1994-1998. Am J Ind Med. 45:210-7.
Department Contact Information:Environmental and Radiological Health Sciences