Myra Barrett, D.V.M.
Phone: (970) 297-5058
Fax: (970) 297-1254
Office: ORC - VTH
- D.V.M., Colorado State University
- M.S., Clinical Sciences - Equine Orthopedics and Imaging, Colorado State University
- B.A., Psychology, Stanford University
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Radiology
- Dr. Barrett's research interests are focused on Equine Musculoskeletal Imaging, particularly multi-modality comparison studies.
- Barrett MF, Park RD. A review of radiographic technique and interpretation of the equine skull. Accepted for publication, American Association of Equine Practioners Proceeding 2011
- Frisbie DD, Barrett MF, McIlwraith CW, Ferris DJ, Ulmer J. Evaluation of the stifle joint using an 18ga needle arthroscope in a standing horse: a novel procedure. Submitted for publication.
- Barrett MF, McIlwraith CW, Contino EK, Park RD, Kawcak CK. The Relationship Between Radiographic Findings And Performance Outcome In Quarter Horse Cutting Horses. Submitted for publication.
- Barrett MF, Frisbie DD, McIlwraith CW, Werpy NM. The arthroscopic and ultrasonographic boundaries of the equine femorotibial joint. Accepted for publication, published online, Equine Veterinary Journal.
- Miller RE, Grodzinsky AJ, Vanderploeg EJ, Lee C, Ferris DJ, Barrett MF, Kisiday JD, Frisbie DD.
Effect of self-assembling peptide, chondrogenic factors, and bone marrow-derived stromal cells on osteochondral repair. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 2010 18 (2) 1608-1619.
- Barrett MF, Zubrod CJ. Use of magnetic resonance imaging to detect an osseous cystic lesion at the solar surface of the third phalanx of a horse. Equine Veterinary Education, 2008 20(1); 19-23.
- Zubrod CJ, Barrett MF. Magnetic resonance imaging of tendon and ligament injuries. Clinical Techniques in Equine Practice. 2007. 6(3); 217-229.
Department Contact Information:
Environmental and Radiological Health Sciences
1681 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523
Phone: (970) 491-7038
Fax: (970) 491-2940