Top 10 Lecture Hall Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
- Whom do I contact for lecture hall help on campus?
There is a information label posted on the podium with specific contact info. On Main Campus contact CSU Classroom Support at 491-5920 or at the Veterinary Teaching Hospital (VTH) contact the Computer Assisted Teaching Support (CATS) Lab, 297-1296.
- Is there someone I can contact to provide quick setup questions during a lecture?
In Anatomy W118 and Pathology 101 there is one Professional Veterinary Medicine (PVM) student per lecture hall hired and trained to help presenters set up for PVM courses. Their names are posted on the podium.
- Whom do I contact for classroom emergencies for non-PVM classes on Main Campus?
CSU Classroom Support Services at 491-5920.
- Whom do I contact for help in the PVM junior lecture hall at the VTH?
Please contact Charlie or Jay in the CATS Lab using the white phone and posted contact information next to the podium.
- Where do I get a laptop for a visiting lecturer?
Check with your local department for classroom equipment needs on Main Campus, the CSU Morgan Library, or the VTH library.
- My wireless microphone has lots of static. What could be the cause?
There are a variety of things that can cause this. Either the battery is dead or loose.
- Where do I get new batteries for the microphone system?
There are usually new batteries behind the podium. If not, on main campus contact the building department office. At the VTH, CATS Lab to bring a new set.
- I tried fixing the loose batteries in the microphone and that didn't work. Batteries are also new. What should I do?
On Main Campus, contact CSU Classroom Support at 491-5920. At the VTH, contact the CATS Lab immediately so they can replace your microphone and get it repaired. Meantime, you can continue with your lecture.
- How can I control things like sound volume and room lighting?
There is a touch screen panel attached to the podium to adjust wireless mic and computer volume and control lighting.
- Whom do I contact for a demonstration or orientation of Smart rooms?
CSU Classroom Support Services at 491-5466.