UTFAB Meeting Minutes
February 27, 2006
· The meeting was called to order at 4:15 PM
· UTFAB Members Present:
o Also present were Pat Burns and Scott Baily (UTAFB advisors), Andre’ Smith, James Lyall, Lindsey Wess, Don Albrecht, Don Hesser, Bill Haid, Chris Seng, and George Jaramillo
· Minutes from the February 20 meeting were approved as submitted
· Andre’ Smith offered to answer questions regarding the classroom funding request presented the previous week. No questions or comments were raised.
· Bill Haid and Chris Seng presented the proposal for continuing the SIS/Portal project another year. This presentation will be posted to the UTFAB site (http://utfab.colostate.edu) soon. Burns advised that next year’s (FY08) budget request may include a hardware upgrade, as the systems will be about 3˝ years old at that point. Budgetary numbers will be provided at the next meeting.
· George Jaramillo presented the Library’s proposal for continuing technology initiatives there. A request for detailed usage statistics for laptops was made, and George will work attempt to provide those numbers as soon as possible.
· Legitimacy votes were taken for three proposals
o Instructional Technology (classrooms) PASSED (unanimous)
o SIS/Portal PASSED (unanimous)
o Library Technology PASSED (unanimous)
· Huitt asked for a volunteer to record meeting minutes, a service Chelsie Gavagan had previously provided. No one volunteered, though the need remains
· Next week (3/6) supplemental funding proposals will be presented for classroom technology upgrades in the colleges (i.e. not general assignment classrooms) and expansion of the campus wireless network.
· There was brief discussion about use of signs to publicize student funded projects, how effective they were, and who should pay for them. Huitt reported that Facilities may pay for signs in order to appropriately acknowledge student fee contributions.
· Adjourn at 5:17 PM