BMS 784 -- Supervised College Teaching
Teaching Assistants in BMS 231, Gross Anatomy of Domestic Animals
BMS 784 Teaching Assistant Grading Policy:
- Attendance = 90%
-- be on time
-- no unexcused absences
-- an unexcused absence will drop grade by a whole grade
- Student evaluations = 10%
BMS 784, TAs for BMS 231
Credits: 1 sec.= 1 credit; 2 secs. = 2 credits
(can get 1 additional credit for proctoring open labs, exams, etc.)
- Be prepared for lab.
- Look at your dissection before lab.
- Immediate responsibility for SECURITY of specimens, bones and models,
- Immediate responsibility for lab set-up and clean-up (done by students,
- Wear clean lab coat with name tag.
- If you don't know it, don't say it -- ask someone else, or use a reference
- Help set up/proctor exams.
- Grade papers.
- Selected hour(s) monitoring computer lab.
- Keep track of "extra hours" -- total of 30 hours required
for second credit.
- Read and review lab information. Be familiar with locations and identification
of all objects included in lab.
- Review your dissection prior to lab.
- Review charts, and models.
- Despite all your expertise and preparation you still may run into some
"gray" areas . . . Don't drive alone in the dark!!! Be a good
TA and ask for some light to be shed on the matter before you lead others
- Have a GOOD TIME!!!
Return to: BMS Courses | Biomedical