Our Mission: The Student American Veterinary Medical Association (SAVMA) exists to support, empower, and inspire all veterinary students in improving their lives, education, and career, along with securing a better future for our profession hrough collaboration with our parent organization, the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)..
Our Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association (SCAVMA) focuses on:
- Financially assisting the special interest clubs in the PVM program
- Supplementing the educational curriculum by sponsoring reknown speakers on a variety of topics
- Providing opportunities for vet school-wide social events
- Providing safe and effective avenues for members to voice their opinions to the student body and school administration
- Participating in public service projects that benefit our school and community
The Executive Board consists of the President, Vice-President, President-elect, Treasurer, Secretary, International Veterinary Student Association representative, SAVMA delegates, Class representatives, Colorado VMA Student Chapter President, and faculty advisors. SCAVMA officers also represent the vet students by serving on the Curriculum Committee, Honor Board and Vet Text Board.
SCAVMA members are invited to become more involved by helping with fundraisers for the annual SAVMA Symposium travel fund, joining committees to plan social events, or contributing to the Vital Signs newsletter. Ask any of your CSU SCAVMA representatives for more information.