Are you a veterinary student interested in International travel? The following resource is intended to serve as a growing resource list of possible connections for international opportunities for CSU veterinary students. It was assembled by Ruth White, Veterinary Career Coordinator.
Here's a few of the highlights:
I.V.S.A. $500 Chapter Award
- The IVSRC gives out an annual $500 award during Symposium
- Each school fills out an application and submits a 500 word essay
- Congratulations to the 2004 winners: Tuskegee University
- Students apply by filling out an application and submitting it to the IEO
- The IEO contacts the IEO of the student's country of interest
- Veterinary opportunities and housing will be arranged for the student
- The student provides airfare and spending money
- Applications need to be submitted 6 months prior to time of travel
- Applications can be found at www.ivsa.org
- Students can arrange group exchanges with another I.V.S.A. veterinary college
- Contact the IEO for more information
- Summer Congress and Winter Symposium
- Congress and Symposium are held annually at different countries,IVSA members from all over the world gather to participate in: Cultural events, tours, lectures, talent shows, and camaraderie
- The fund provides aid to veterinary schools in developing countries
- Items like equipment, books, and computers are donated each year
- The fund depends on student support and outside sources to help raise funds
- The I.V.S.A publishes a journal, which is available on-line
- The journal is written and published by students
- Articles focus on worldwide veterinary issues
- Upcoming Events
Winter symposium in Latvia: keep checking the website for more information!
Developmental Fund Silent Auction: SAVMA Symposium 2005
- The IVSRC committee is organizing a silent auction to raise money
- 2004 donations go to the School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Zambia.
- In the past USA I.V.S.A. has not been active in raising money.
WE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO CHANGE THIS!!