- I.V.S.A is a worldwide organization whose membership includes students from more than 86 veterinary schools representing over 60 countries.
- English is the official language of the I.V.S.A.
- To raise the overall standard of veterinary education by increasing international and inter cultural exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- To promote opportunities for veterinary students to undertake education in important areas outside their normal training.
- Individual Exchanges
- Group Exchanges
- Summer Congress and Winter Symposium
- Developmental Fund
Leadership on the International Level
- General Assembly
- I.V.S.A member present during Summer Congress or Winter Symposium.
- GA votes on initiatives and officers at GA meetings
- Executive Committee (ExCo)
- Elected officers of the GA
- Board of Trustees
- Elected to help the ExCo carry out objective
International Exchange Officer (IEO)
- Serves on the SAVMA House of Delegates Executive Board
- Organizes exchanges for US and International Students
- Attends I.V.S.A. meetings and votes in GA
- Committee comprised of 5 SAVMA Delegates
- Helps promote I.V.S.A. opportunities
- Gives one I.V.S.A. USA chapter a $500 award
International Student Relations Committee