SCAVMA Membership Benefits
SCAVMA members are entitled to many beneftits that will enhance the veterinary education experience, including educational supplementation, social activities, and financial assistance and more.
All SCAVMA members are automatically eligible for the following:
- Good standing status with the Student American Veterinary Medical Association (SAVMA) and the International Veterinary Student Association (IVSA)
- Reduced subscription rates for the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association (JAVMA) and the American Journal of Veterinary Research (AJVR).
- 10% discount on textbooks and supplies at VetText when paying by cash or check, or 6% discount for credit card payments.
- Scholarships awarded through the SCAVMA scholarship endowment and Hill’s Pet Foods scholarship funds.
- Low interest loans through the American Veterinary Medical Foundation (AVMF).
- Health, life, disability, and professional liability insurance options available through the AVMA.
- Participation in SCAVMA sponsored events, such as educational programs and the Friday Afternoon Club (FAC) gatherings.
- Financial assistance to attend the annual SAVMA Symposium each spring.
- Upon graduation, one year free membership with the AVMA and reduced membership dues for the following two years so long as good standing is maintainted by being a dues-paying members for at least three years of vet school, including 4th year.